OBJECT:Write a program to move a block of data from one memory location to another.
INSTRUMENT REQUIRED: 8086 Microprocessor Trainer Kit.
|MEMORY LOCATION||MACHINE CODE||OPCODE||OPERAND|
|0201||BE 1F 03||MOV||SI,031FH|
|0204||BF 2F 03||MOV||DI,032FH|
|0207||B9 10 00||MOV||CX,0010H|
To solve the given objective we have taken a Block of 10H words located in memory locations from 0310H to 031FH and then bit by bit moved it the memory locations from 0320H to 032FH.
To solve the given objective we have taken the following steps:
- Set the direction flag in order to auto decrements the SI and DI registers.
- Move the source index (SI) pointer to point to the location of the last number of the block to be moved.
- Move the destination index (DI) pointer to point to the memory location where the last number of the block to be moved.
- Set CX equal to 10H i.e. the number of numbers to be moved.
- Move the number pointed to by SI into the location pointed to by DI and auto decrements CX.
- Repeat the fourth step till values in CX does not become zero.
- Finally Halt.
RESULT: The block of data has been moved successfully from one memory location to another.
- STD: This instruction sets the direction flag to 1 without affecting other flags.
- REP: It decrement CX register and repeats the string instruction until CX register becomes zero.
- MOV SW/ SB: These instructions moves 8-bit or 16-bit data from the memory location(s) addressed by SI register to the memory location(s) addressed by D
Most Important Question for Exam
All of these
Address Segment (AS)
Data Transfer Operations
Store 0100 0001 in AL
Field Programmable Gate Array
There are 16 address line
Register unit and and control unit on a single chip
Memory to memory
Microprocessor has an ALU
Direct memory access for the I/O device
Keep control on the working of the microprocessor
The sequence in which memory are fetched by it
Is not useful for process control system
All the I/O devices
Is specified by the manufacturer
To reduced the number of pins
Hold the address of the top of stack
None of these
None of these
- 8086 Instruction Hex Code
- Write a program to two add 16 bit Hexadecimal numbers without carry.
- Write a program to two add 16 bit Hexadecimal numbers with carry.
- Write a program to find the greatest number from an array of 10 numbers.
- Write a program to calculate the factorial of a number.
- Write a program to multiply two 16-bit numbers result should be greater than 16 bit.
- Write a program to input 5 numbers and arrange them in descending order.
- Write a program to convert the string data it’s Two’s complement form.
- Write a program to read 8 bit data from Port B. Complement this data & send it back to Port A of
- Write a program to move a block of data from one memory location to another. Input Value
- Write a program to find Gray code equivalent of a Binary number using Lookup Table.
- Microprocessor 8086 Video Play List